Thursday, January 24, 2019

Seven Months Today: A Perfectly Displaced Plan

A while back, I wrote on the "beauty of disrupted plans."

I have seen that beauty again today.

For weeks now, I have been needing a massage. I really carry stress in my body and when I don't get professional help for it, it can get pretty uncomfortable. If it goes on too long, my jaw starts dislocating slightly or I lose the ability to open my mouth all the way, or to turn my head, or use my shoulder, or....you get the idea.

For several weeks, we have talked about the need to get some work done on me. We have looked up possible places to go and made tentative plans, but something else always preempted those plans. For example, when you have an elderly dog in somewhat fragile health, and you're able to get her a vet appointment...that does take precedence.

But all along, God knew exactly the right time for me to get this much longed-for massage.

I have learned so much, this past year, on how to just let plans be what they will be, and to not get too wound up when things don't go the way I had hoped. This is a very large change for me. Having little wrenches thrown into the gears of my plan used to really throw off my groove.  Now, a lot of the time, I am able to assume that God knew better than to let my plan happen exactly the way I wanted.

Like today.

Rather than having a massage last week or the week before, or even yesterday, when my appointment was originally scheduled, I had it today. The massage therapist's family got sick, so she had to push my appointment onto today... which means that....

On this day, which is seven months since Michael ended his life, at almost the exact time that it happened...I was lying on a warm massage table, while a kind, competent lady gently worked out the stiff knots that were lodged in my shoulders and neck. 

God is so wise. And so kind. And so full of love.

He knew the exact hour and day when I would most need this restful care.

Again- the frustration of my plan was only so that my loving Father's much, much better plan could fall into place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

NOT Crying is exhausting

    This is something that can maybe only be fully understood by people walking through a similar fire: that as draining as it can be to let...